All About Candygirl!!

Welcome to my blog. I am trying to get a little more into my blog. I make you no promises about how regular I will blog. I hope you can have a laugh as you read about my life and some of my thoughts. I am originally from Australia, but live in the States. Love to have fun teaching elementary school, and catching up with family and friends.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

My Thoughts on Love...

This is my thoughts in love today... please feel free to skip over this... I am more putting random thoughts down from my head!

I told someone the other night that I love to read Trashy Romance Novels. Well I love more just romance novels, minus the trash. I have been able to accept that I am in fact a sappy romantic at heart. Yes I am waiting for Mr. Wonderful or Prince Charming to show up. Yes I want to have someone to come home to at night and talk to. Someone who cares what I think and wants to listen to me, even when I am being a little crazy :)

Tonight I was watching The Lake House. Yes I love that movie, and yes I can separate reality and fantasy, just so that you are all aware. There was a quote in this movie that I really loved. Kate and Alex have been writing and they finally agree to meet. Kate waits for hours and Alex doesn't show. She writes this to him and the dialogue follows.

Kate “You weren’t there. You didn’t come.”

Alex “I don’t understand. Something must have happened. I’m sorry, I’ve got two years Kate, we can try again.”

Kate “No Alex its too late. It already happened. It didn’t work.”

Alex “Don’t give up on me Kate, what about Persuasion you told me they wait, they meet again, they had another chance.”

Kate “Life is not a book a book Alex and it can be over in second. I was having lunch with my mother at Daily Plaza. A man was killed right in front of me he died in my arms and it thought it cant end just like that in valentine’s day and I thought about all other people who love him waiting at home who will never see him again. Then I thought what if there is no one, what if you live your whole life and no one is waiting, so I drove myself to the lake house looking for any kind of answer and I found you. And I let myself get lost, lost in this beautiful fantasy when time stands still but its not real Alex. I have to learn to live the life I have got please don’t write any more don’t try to find me let me let me let you go”

It is true that life is not a book. You can not live the fairy tale life, but can't we hope for it? Do we single ladies have to settle for crap, or can we hope that someone will give us all that we want, dream, desire, and most importantly deserve? Once Kate realizes that Alex was the man at daily plaza she writes this to him.

Kate “Alex, I know why you didn’t show up that night. It was you at daily plaza that day it was you, please don’t go just wait please don’t look for me don’t try to find me, I love you, and its taking me all this time to say it but I love you. If you still care for me wait, wait for me, wait with me, wait, wait two years Alex, come to the lake house Alex, I am here.”

Often we let our fears stop us from doing our best in a relationship, or stepping out of our comfort zones to go after what we want. I think we can all say we have done this. If we didn't let our fears hold us back we could say I Love You so much sooner and with more confidence.

I want someone who will do anything to be with me. Who would be willing to wait two years just to see me. Is that too much to ask? Don't get me wrong when I talk about this I want to be this person for my man as well, it is definitely a two way street. But right now I am tired of having my heart broken. So tired of rebuilding life after someone carelessly shatters your dreams. I know I am not too picky when it comes to love and men. When I love I give my whole heart and would do anything for him. Why is it too picky to expect the same back?

I have seen some wonderful examples of love in relationships and marriage. My parents were great. Do I think they were perfect? No. But they showed me how it could be. Do I want a little of the romance in my life? Yes. Have I had it before? Yes. Do I miss it? Yes. I just hope that I can figure this whole thing out and have a little of the happiness back in my life.

2 comments:

  1. blow up dolls, get a big sexy man blow up doll
    ahahhahaa
    juuuust kiiiidding.
    good post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jasmine, you are just so funny.... I thought you might like this one!

    ReplyDelete