All About Candygirl!!

Welcome to my blog. I am trying to get a little more into my blog. I make you no promises about how regular I will blog. I hope you can have a laugh as you read about my life and some of my thoughts. I am originally from Australia, but live in the States. Love to have fun teaching elementary school, and catching up with family and friends.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Gratitude Quotes!


At this time when Americans stop and reflect on what they are thankful for, I have been doing some of the same. I have posted on different things that I am thankful for, but I found some nice quotes that help remind of the blessings that come into our lives from giving thanks.

"Gratitude is our most direct line to God and the angels. If we take the time, no matter how crazy and troubled we feel, we can find something to be thankful for. The more we seek gratitude, the more reason the angels will give us for gratitude and joy to exist in our lives." Terry Lynn Taylor

"Feeling grateful or appreciative of someone or something in your life actually attracts more of the things that you appreciate and value into your life." Northrup Christiane

"Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving." W.T. Purkiser

"God is glorified, not by our groans, but by our thanksgivings." Edwin Percy Whipple

"A single grateful thought toward heaven is the most complete prayer." Gotthold Lessing

"Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." Melody Beattie

"Be thankful for each new challenge, because it will build your strength and character." Author Unknown, from Be Thankful

"We can always find something to be thankful for, and there may be reasons why we ought to be thankful for even those dispensations which appear dark and frowning." Albert Barnes

"If a fellow isn't thankful for what he's got, he isn't likely to be thankful for what he's going to get." Frank A. Clark

"When asked if my cup is half-full or half-empty my only response is that I am thankful I have a cup." Sam Lefkowitz

"Thanksgiving, after all, is a word of action." W. J. Cameron

"In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit." Albert Schweitzer

"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it." William Arthur Ward

(Quotes found on http://www.wow4u.com/qthankfulness/index.html)

4 comments:

  1. some really good ones there sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup there is.... do you like the photo??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not me in it, but yes, I love all these photos that we took that day. Lovely lighting, hot makeup on all the chicks except me (because I got too busy doing other peoples makeup, didn't get my hair done or makeup nice - eye twitch eye twitch). YOu all look so lovely !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks it's cause you are amazing.... lets take some sister photos in the snow again this Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete