All About Candygirl!!

Welcome to my blog. I am trying to get a little more into my blog. I make you no promises about how regular I will blog. I hope you can have a laugh as you read about my life and some of my thoughts. I am originally from Australia, but live in the States. Love to have fun teaching elementary school, and catching up with family and friends.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The rest of Thanksgiving...

Cars are an amazing invention... but they can also cause stress and cost lots of money. Ben's car had an issue on Saturday, so we did not make it to Santa Cruz beach, but we did in fact make it to the beach. We spent a fun afternoon with Joe and his family. Once we knew what was happening, we loaded into the mini van and headed up the coast.

The beach was beautiful. Walking along the sand made me homesick, as did the lovely fresh smell of the salt and water. I can not wait to head home for some of that beautiful smell. We played a little on the beach. Ben's great family beat a hasty retreat and let us watch the sunset. I honestly can't say that anything could have made me more content or happy at that moment. Man of my dreams cuddling up to me as we watched the sunset... That has to be just one of those amazing life moments.

Afterwards we headed to the Oakland Temple to see the lights. The temple and grounds were beautiful. I was also able to catch up with Undram, from the mission. She is wonderful and it was great to see her. We then headed back to the house and got ready to leave early the next morning.

I had the best Thanksgiving.

5 comments:

  1. well look at you blogging away like crazy! I would have expected you having less time now that you are occupied with better things :) Anyway when are you leaving? We are in less than 2 weeks so we want to hang out before. Unless you come to visit in Mauritius. That would be cool too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I am trying to be somewhat of a blogger... lets see how long it lasts. The only reason I have time to do it is Ben works early mornings, so he is in bed early at night...

    I leave in 2 weeks too... so when it good for you to get together?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? No late night making out... At least you have your own couch. No one will walk in on you. :)

    Anyway, What are you doing next Friday? We are thinking of going to see the lights at Temple Square.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are going with the old ward to Temple Square tonight... and I don't have my own couch.. yet! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha and when you do, no one can walk in on you! Anyway we should get together on a Sunday night or something for dessert.

    P.S I like your new blog layout. Very Guitar hero with a touch of Twilight. :)

    ReplyDelete