All About Candygirl!!

Welcome to my blog. I am trying to get a little more into my blog. I make you no promises about how regular I will blog. I hope you can have a laugh as you read about my life and some of my thoughts. I am originally from Australia, but live in the States. Love to have fun teaching elementary school, and catching up with family and friends.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Centipedes not allowed in the Shower!!

Have you ever had an Alien moment? Well I had one of those tonight after I got out of the shower. I had just taken a nice relaxing shower, washed my hair etc and was felling all nice and clean. As I was brushing my teeth I looked over into the shower to make sure I had not left any hair in there after washing it. (Mum is not used to having someone in the house with long hair again.) I looked in and saw what I thought was the hairball from hell. Then stopped and thought I did not empty out my brush in the shower. It is NOT possible to have left that much hair.
As I looked in the shower closer I realised that it was a centipede coming up out of the drain. I about screamed and then gagged at the thought of taking a shower with a centipede. I mean really, I can do with out any Alien moments. No gross creepy crawly things coming out of the shower drains. Ughhhh!!! Anyway I decided that it looked dead so I could just wash it down the drain, before Mum took her shower. I turned on the water and it came to life. No it was not dead and started to crawl further out of the drain.
At this point I am questioning whether I can call my brother Jeremy and get him to come over and get rid of this thing. You may laugh, but men are very good at getting rid of insects and other creepy crawly things. It is on the job description of things they must be able to do.
I decided to approach Mum and see what she wanted to do. She turned on the shower to try and wash it down, instead we burned and drowned it to death. Did you know that dead centipedes go still. So here I am trying to move it with a shampoo bottle to get it closer to the drain. It is so stiff now that we realise we are going to have to remove it ourselves. I decdied this was the time to beat a hasty retreat and put clothes on, before outside was going to become an option. Mum came to the rescue and got some cardboard. She had the door propped open and she threw it outside.
Needless to say she ran some more water down the drain before she got into the shower. The hot water also ran out during her shower, all at the cost of not shower with a centipede. Now the main question that still remains, is when did the centipede make its appearance??

2 comments: