All About Candygirl!!

Welcome to my blog. I am trying to get a little more into my blog. I make you no promises about how regular I will blog. I hope you can have a laugh as you read about my life and some of my thoughts. I am originally from Australia, but live in the States. Love to have fun teaching elementary school, and catching up with family and friends.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Cookies in the Middle of the Night!!!

I woke up this morning at 12:30am and couldn't get back to sleep. What an annoying occurrence. So while I was counting sheep backwards, trying to roll my eyes back into my head, and pleading to get some sleep. I thought of ideas that would use the pumpkin I had in the fridge. I started looking online for different ideas. There are so many fabulous recipes, in fact I found a new one that I want to do next time I make a roast. I had to settle on an old time favourite, well old time since I have moved to America. Choice was made, all the ingredients were put out on the counter and I tried to get back to sleep.

This morning I got up and made the wonderful pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Amazingly yum if I do say so myself. Also so easy. I had it made and cooked in 20 minutes and a dishwasher unloaded and loaded too. I took a bunch to work for Rex and shared with a few other people too.

For those in the pumpkin mood here is the recipe. 1 packets of spice cake mix, 1 small tin of pumpkin, chocolate chips. Mix all together and then bake for 13 minutes in a 350F oven. So good and so quick. If you don't have spice cake mix you can use regular cake mix and then add fabulous pumpkin spices. Good luck with the cooking.

4 comments:

  1. I love the title of the blog... I was a little disappointed that you didn't make them in the middle of the night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly was going to... if I hadn't have finally fallen back asleep I would have... although our smoke detector is really sensitive and it went off in the morning when I was making them, my room mates would not have loved that at all =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why thank you... I have a few other recipes that I would like to try out.... have to do it up at your house one day...

    ReplyDelete