All About Candygirl!!

Welcome to my blog. I am trying to get a little more into my blog. I make you no promises about how regular I will blog. I hope you can have a laugh as you read about my life and some of my thoughts. I am originally from Australia, but live in the States. Love to have fun teaching elementary school, and catching up with family and friends.

Monday, November 23, 2009

Grr the Visa Process sucks!!

Tonight I was sitting there crying and trying to figure out if I was going to have to decide on going home for Christmas or staying here for the foreseeable future. I do not like this process that I am going through. 2 hours later and I had answered all the same questions in 15 different varieties and assured the American Government that I have not been involved in, assisted in, associated with, or plan to support; terrorism, racism, genocide, drug dealing, or prostitution - I think I may be ok. I mean I just want to stay here for a little while to teach children. Should it really be this hard for people wanting to stay here legally?

I could really go around the block and get a greencard for $25, but when you do it legally they harass you. I have permission from Immigration to stay and teach in the US, but if I want to be able to go anywhere out of the country I need a visa in my passport. I can only get this out of the country though. Which means I have to leave, and run the risk of them saying they are not going to give me my visa. Grrr!!

Anyway I have an appointment booked for when I am in Australia. So please feel free to keep me in your prayers. I mean I would like to come back and stay for now in the US. I do have a little motivation for wanting to be here right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment